Someone who is a vlog content creator and or does different types of videography projects has to work in difficult situations at times. This is when some projects require you to deliver quality but you can’t just bear the burden of heavy equipment at all. However, if you get yourself the Best Compact Camera for Video projects, that would be prime.
Today’s article brings you a quick guide containing the Top 5 Best Compact Camera for Video and Filmmaking in 2020. This will be a brief guide introducing you to each product’s features, pros, and cons.
Our Top Picks
- Top 5 Best Compact Camera for Video 2020 Reviews
- 1. The Best Compact Camera for 4k Video is Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III:
- 2. The Best Point and Shoot Camera for Video and Photography are Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-RX100:
- 3. The Best Compact Cam for Video under 500 is Sony DSCHX90V/B Digital Camera:
- 4. The Best Budget Camera for Video is Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS70K:
Top 5 Best Compact Camera for Video 2020 Reviews
1. The Best Compact Camera for 4k Video is Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III:
Whether you are a content creator on YouTube or a freelancer videographer who likes to take up challenging projects, you have got to have a 4k point and shoot camera. To bring you the best, our first pick for the list is Canon Power Shot G7 X Mark III. It has featured previously in many of our compact camera reviews as well.
You can also get other cheaper Power Shot Series cameras, however, Mark III is getting the regular firmware updates so it will be worth it. Canon Power Shot G7 X Mark III is known for the following top features:
- It has all wireless connectivity features including Wi-Fi and NFC
- This point and shoot camera record at 4k/30fps and 1080p/120fps
- You will love working while using its 3.0-inch tilting screen at 180o
- The camera also features a 2x optical zoom with a large lens
- The Optical Image Stabilizer (O.I.S) and DIGIC 8 Image Processor combo
2. The Best Point and Shoot Camera for Video and Photography are Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-RX100:
Sony is one of those brands that believe in executing a perfect job. Well, that applied both to their video quality and photography levels as well. For the 2nd pick, we are bringing this Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-RX100 that is brilliant at video and photography with its shooting speed, autofocus, large lens, optical zoom, and electronic viewfinder.
For video recording, it even brings the super-slow-motion video feature as well. The other features of the Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-RX100 Digital Camera are:
- An Optical Zoom of 3.6x with a large and stable make result clearer
- The Autofocus, AF Detection, and EVF are on a whole new level
- The shooting speed of the camera is 24fps3 with auto-exposure
- It features a quality 20.1-megapixel camera with a premium image sensor
- Get better illumination and contrast with its electronic viewfinder
3. The Best Compact Cam for Video under 500 is Sony DSCHX90V/B Digital Camera:
Having not enough budget for the above Sony camera is a real condition. However, if you don’t want to move towards other brands, the alternative we suggest is Sony DSCHX90V/B Digital Camera.
Though it will only deliver a maximum video quality of 1080p, the experience is quite smooth since it records at 60 fps and 30x Optical Zoom is something that will cover for the 4k you’re missing here.
The top features of Sony DSCHX90V/B Digital Camera are:
- An 18.2-megapixel camera is perfect for low-light shooting due to the CMOS Sensor
- You can switch between various video formats from the camera interface
- The retraceable viewfinder has been installed with the OLED display
- What’s incredible about the camera is its 30x Optical Zoom that is huge
- Get a high-quality tilting screen of 3-inches for better customization
4. The Best Budget Camera for Video is Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS70K:
You can only expect from a brand like Panasonic that they will enable you to record at 4k resolution while charging less than $300 from your budget. Yes, this is what makes PANASONIC LUMIX DC-ZS70K the best budget compact camera for video on the market.
Besides being an affordable pick, it still delivers a 20.3-megapixel camera with Optical Image Stabilizer, 180-degree tilting screen of 3-inches, 4k with quality autofocus, a viewfinder with eye sensor, and connectivity features such as Wi-Fi with NFC.
Though it was our best Compact Camera under $500, the latest Black Friday Deals for Compact Cameras has made it even more accessible to the fans.
- 5. The Best Compact Camera for Video Blogging is Canon PowerShot G9 X Mark II:
The video blogger or vlog content creators have a certain affection towards this Canon Power Shot G9 X Mark II and I guess we now know why. Being our 5th pick for the list and under the right price of about $400, this brings you every video recording and photo capturing feature that you will require to produce quality content.
Some of those features include the 20.1-megapixel camera with CMOS sensor, DIGIC 7 for better image processing, the autofocus for clearer images than ever, and the compact design that will win your heart right at the first glance.
All of these cameras are premium in their own places and choosing one may come down to how much budget you have got for buying a compact camera for video right now. After determining the budget, simply read the reviews and order the camera for your videography needs right now.