The technology has made it possible that we can now have smaller but efficient camera devices. This need for portability helped the manufacturers achieve greatness while making some quality compact cameras. In this article, we are counting down our picks for Best Compact Cameras in 2020 with their complete reviews and buyer’s guide.
Our Top Picks
- Top 10 Best Compact Camera 2020 Buyer’s Guide
- List of Top Best Compact Camera 2020
- 1: The Best Compact Camera for Travel: Canon Power Shot G1 X Mark III Digital Camera Review:
- 2: The Best Compact Camera under $500: Canon EOS Rebel T7 DSLR Camera Review.
- 3: The Best Compact Camera with Zoom: Sony DSCW800/B 20.1 MP Digital Camera Review.
- 4: The Best Compact Camera under $300: Canon PowerShot SX420 IS Digital Camera Review:
- 5: The Best Compact Camera for 4k Video: Canon PowerShot G5 X Mark II Review:
- 6: The Best Compact Camera for Vloggers: Sony RX100 VII Premium Compact Camera Review.
- 7: Best Compact Camera for Professional Photographers: Panasonic Lumix ZS200 4K Digital Camera Review:
- 8: The Best Compact Camera under $200: Canon PowerShot ELPH 180 Review:
- 9: The Best Compact Camera for Low Light and Portrait: Nikon D3500 DSLR Camera Review.
- 10: The Best Compact Cam for Beginners under $100: Nikon Coolpix A10 Digital Cam Review:
Top 10 Best Compact Camera 2020 Buyer’s Guide
Here are some factors related to quality and performance that must be considered before choosing the best compact camera.
1. Camera Quality
The only thing you are here for is the quality of pictures and videos you’re going to record. For that, you’re going to need more megapixels and lens quality. Make sure that you must check these in the specifications list and then decide whether the compact cam you are buying is good or not.
2. Compactness and Portability
The major demands for this list are compactness and portability of the camera. The level of compactness must be good enough to fit your camera in your pockets while traveling and making vlogs.
If a compact cam is costing you at the price of a regular DSLR then it isn’t worth it. Always look for a compact camera at an affordable price and has a wide range of high-quality features such as our first pick Canon Power Shot G1 X Mark III Digital Camera.
List of Top Best Compact Camera 2020
|Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark III||⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Canon EOS Rebel T7||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Sony DSCW800/B 20.1 MP||⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Canon PowerShot SX420 IS||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Canon PowerShot G5 X Mark II||⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Sony RX100 VII Premium||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Panasonic Lumix ZS200 4K||⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Canon PowerShot ELPH 180||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Nikon Coolpix A10||⭐⭐⭐⭐|
1: The Best Compact Camera for Travel: Canon Power Shot G1 X Mark III Digital Camera Review:
Canon Power Shot G1 X Mark III Digital Camera has everything including the EVF viewfinder, 24.2 megapixels camera, and the APS-C sensor. With this camera in your pocket, while traveling, you can feel confident of a top-quality but compact capturing device. Even when you zoom the 3 times, you won’t get a pixelated result and that is the essence of it.
- Canon Power Shot G1 X Mark III compact camera costs you under $1000
- With the CMOS sensor and image stability, the image quality is too good
- The pictures and videos aren’t pixelated at all with more than 1 million dots
- The quality still ensured after zooming with an extra 24-72 lens
2: The Best Compact Camera under $500: Canon EOS Rebel T7 DSLR Camera Review.
Canon EOS Rebel T7 DSLR Camera is our 2nd pick for the list with 24.1 megapixels, APS-CMOS sensor, and the DIGIC 4+ image sensor. However, the video quality is still at 1080p but at this price, it is the most you will get. The camera has an extra lens with a large focal length and it can capture videos and images with quality results.
This compact camera by Canon offers accurate colors, sharper images, and low-noising images that only people with expensive cameras seem to enjoy. The other features of the device are:
- It is time that you take your mobile-level photography to a new level
- Now produce high-quality images with a user-friendly compact camera
- The built-in NFC and Wi-Fi features are already available in the cam
- The quality viewfinder and autofocus system are brilliant in the device
3: The Best Compact Camera with Zoom: Sony DSCW800/B 20.1 MP Digital Camera Review.
Sony DSCW800/B 20.1 MP Digital Camera is a brilliant choice because of two important reasons. The first being the very affordable price making it the best compact camera under $100 and the other is amazing 5x optical zoom. If you are a beginner, its Steady-shot image stabilization will help you avoid taking blurred images.
This camera is good for pictures but doesn’t do enough with video since the maximum resolution it offers is 720p. So the 20.1-megapixel camera with its digital zoom and autofocus makes it only good for photography.
- The 5x zoomed pictures with the Sony maximum aperture F3.2 lens
- One of the best point-and-shoot cameras you can get for this price
- The video’s quality is only 720p but it is very smooth when you use it
- The image stabilization, active, and autofocus modes are incredible
4: The Best Compact Camera under $300: Canon PowerShot SX420 IS Digital Camera Review:
Canon delivers everything that you need, however, the buyers always have price concerns, especially the beginners. For them, the cheapest compact camera by Canon we could bring is Canon Power Shot SX420 having built-in features like Wi-Fi and NFC, DIGIC 4+ image processing, the optical zoom of up to 42x, and a long-lasting lithium-ion battery.
All you need from these cameras are high-quality images and videos and they get delivered to you perfectly. Also, with the 42x optical zoom, the image capturing at long distances becomes easier even for beginner photographers.
- The sharp and beautiful 3-inches TFT LCD screen with 4:3 aspect ratio
- Just like in smartphones, this camera features many effects for photos
- The optical zoom makes it easier for you to capture at long distances
- Also, the noise-free photo-capturing experience is promised at any cost
5: The Best Compact Camera for 4k Video: Canon PowerShot G5 X Mark II Review:
The professional photographers don’t want to go below 4k, especially in this day and age. However, with that demand, you will need to reach a certain price bar such as for this Canon Power Shot G5 X Mark II Digital Compact Camera. With Stacked CMOS sensor and DIGIC+ 8+ image processing, you will be in for a video quality never witnessed before.
While it promises to deliver everything, Canon has improved a lot on one of its weak points i.e. the battery life. However, while recording at 4k, you might feel that it is draining down faster than it does during the 1080p recording.
- Imagine the incredible image and video quality with 2.36 million dots!
- The optical image stabilizer and 5x zoom for most stable images ever
- The camera delivers you 120 fps while recording at the full HD resolution
- The cinematic shots you can capture with this cam have no limits
6: The Best Compact Camera for Vloggers: Sony RX100 VII Premium Compact Camera Review.
Being a professional vlogger, you can handle the matters of cinematographic quality quite easy by buying the Sony RX100 VII Premium Compact Camera. Even though its mountain-like price tag might feel too much, you can count on the performance and quality for years to come. For instance, now with this compact cam, the 20-fps continuous photo-shooting has been enabled.
Also, the burst rate of 24 fps keeps making the experience better. Where the camera wins the game over others is the enhanced autofocus that ensures that you get the smallest of details right.
- The most durable and impressive body design for any compact camera
- The vloggers can capture a wide range of cinematic shots
- This compact camera already has built-in tilting and flash features
- Shooting at uncomfortable angles while creating a vlog has been made easy
7: Best Compact Camera for Professional Photographers: Panasonic Lumix ZS200 4K Digital Camera Review:
Not every brand makes it difficult for you to record at the 4k video resolution. Just under a price tag of 700 dollars, you can get PANASONIC LUMIX ZS200 that enables 4k video recording, hybrid OIS stabilization, an inch sensor, and interactive controls with new photo effects and scene modes that adds more creativity to your work.
As for the accessories in the box, you get the USB charger for fast-charging the phone alongside the Wi-Fi connectivity that makes cloud sync easier than ever. On the other hand, the high-resolution viewfinder and an LCD with 2,330K dots for better images are incredible.
8: The Best Compact Camera under $200: Canon PowerShot ELPH 180 Review:
Canon Power Shot ELPH 180 is a limited edition compact camera that that is mainly for photography purposes. On rare occasions when you will need it for filming, this Canon compact cam only records at 720p. However, what is offers for photography cover that by bringing the 8x optical zoom lens that takes accurate pictures at a long distance.
As for the accessories in the box, it comes with either 32 or 16 GB SD cards depending on what edition you order, tabletop tripod, screen protector, and padded camera case. For image processing, it has DIGIC 4+ installed which is pretty good.
9: The Best Compact Camera for Low Light and Portrait: Nikon D3500 DSLR Camera Review.
It doesn’t matter how hard the choices get in a top 10 list of best compact cameras, the top brand like Nikon always earns its place. For the 2nd last pick, we found Nikon D3500 DSLR Camera a deserving choice that a lightweight and comfortable design.
Even it might seem an expensive choice to them, this compact camera is great for beginners when they either start photography or making vlogs. Even though it has less than 1 million dots, the camera covers that with a 170-degree wide-view angle.
10: The Best Compact Cam for Beginners under $100: Nikon Coolpix A10 Digital Cam Review:
Our final pick for the list is another quality compact camera under 100 that serves as a perfect alternative to the Sony’s cam in this price range. Having major features including 16.1 megapixels camera, 5x optical zoom, QVGA LCD display, and a CCD image sensor for excellent photos and videos.
You can insert a wide range of batteries including lithium, alkaline, and the default Nikon ones Nikon COOLPIX A10 Digital Cam. The enhanced quality and clarity of the images are ensured with the NIKKOR glass lens.
In case, if you are wondering which camera professional photographers and experts recommend, below is the result based on our research.
Our Final Verdict:
Choosing any camera is merely a matter of your choice depending on your certain professional and entertainment needs. However, still, we would recommend cameras like Canon Rebel T7 and Power Shot Mark II since they are good for both professional and casual needs.